Update to rev 384



Ed Johnson

21 Dec 2008 13:29


I just installed the new search features that Gabrys documented on his blog (Wikidot Search Ready To Test) on my virtual machine this morning. After fixing one typo in Gabrys instructions, everything seemed to work perfect.

Currently, my test VM has little content and only a couple of sites, so I wasn't able to give the new search features much of a real-world test. I'll report back after I've had a chance to drive it a little harder.

Steps I used to update

From a terminal window:

sudo su -
cd /var/www/wikidot
svn update
cd tests
sudo -u www-data php lucene_bootstrap.php
cd ..
chown www-data:www-data -R .
apt-get install openjdk-6-jre
/etc/init.d/lighttpd force-reload
/etc/init.d/postgresql-8.3 restart

I appended the following to /etc/crontab:

* * * * *      www-data /var/www/wikidot/bin/job.sh UpdateLuceneIndexJob

I added the following to my conf/wikidot.ini file:

[search]
; enables highlighting of search phrase in the resulting documents
highlight = true
; enables the use of Java for searching
use_java = true

Discuss

Add a New Comment
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License